Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #5: Client Rating Analysis

mikecusic
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi Maveryx,

We posted the solution JSON file to Cloud Quest #4. Check it out and let us know what you think! Send suggestions to academy@alteryx.com or leave a comment below!

Let’s dive into this week's quest!

Download the provided JSON start file and upload it into your Analytics Cloud library. For more detailed instructions on how to import and export Designer Cloud workflow files, check out the pinned article  Cloud Quest Submission Process Update.

Scenario:

Understanding client feedback has been critical for companies to improve their products and services. In your role as a data analyst, you are assigned the task of analyzing client feedback to measure their satisfaction and enhance the quality of services at your company.

For this task, you will need to manually connect the two provided datasets:

• Clients_dataset.csv: Contains information about each client, including their Client ID.
  • Requests_dataset.csv: Includes each client's Request Number (identical to the Client ID), Status (indicates whether the request has been processed), Status2 (provides a comment), and Professional (the name of the client).

Your tasks are:

1. Count the number of clients (Professional) with a Status of Evaluated who left comments of Below Expectations, Exceeded Expectations, or Met Expectations in the Status2 field.
  2. Identify the three clients (Professional) who provided the highest average ratings. The ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 is the highest.

Hint 1: Client and Professional are distinct fields. The Client field displays the Company Name, while the Professional field shows the individual client's name.

Hint 2: Start by filtering the data at the beginning to only include entries where Status = Evaluated.

Hint 3: Remember to combine the dataset using Client ID and RequestNumber as the key fields.

Spoiler
A combination of the Join, Filter, Summarize, and Sample tools should solve your problem, but not necessarily in this sequence.

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in the Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Once you have completed your quest, go back to your Analytics Cloud library. Download your workflow solution file as a JSON file. You can also capture a screenshot of your finalized workflow in Designer Cloud. Include your JSON file and workflow screenshot as attachments to your comment on this post.

Here’s to a successful quest!

mikecusic_0-1712154326786.png

22 REPLIES 22
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution to this one, very nice to do, but I struggled a bit to understand what field meant what and how to make these data talk to each other ! 

nwaters
Alteryx
Alteryx

Quite an easy one this week - here is my solution 🙂

RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.03.55 AM.png

teddim
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got a different result for average rating since I originally accounted for distinct professionals. I changed it and ultimately uploaded the version that gives the expected output. 

Spoiler
ayx-quest5-task1.png

ayx-quest5-task2.png

ayx-quest5-alt-task2.png

tshih18
Alteryx
Alteryx

Column names were a bit confusing, but explained well in the description

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!