General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

How to append some attributes to the JSON Field

ShubhamDhorajkar
5 - Atom

Hi Community, I am trying to  build some JSON for my API call and I am unable to append some attributes to the JSON. 

I've excel spreadsheet as an input for the workflow and later I've to convert it into the JSON format using alteryx workflow.

Here I've some dummy excel data which contain contact details, send mail, key and value as a header.

DummyExcel.png

I want to convert above data into the JSON and I can do that using JSON Build but the data coming out is not suitable for the API call so I have to some attributes along with it so that it look like following format. Could anyone please help me to achieve this it would be very helpful.

JSONData.png 

I am attaching workflow which I created but not sure it will help.

2 REPLIES 2
mark-spain
7 - Meteor

Hi Shubham, 

To create the JSON Payload displayed in your screenshot you will need to add the additional fields "DatasetLabel", "Owner", "DatasetTypeInfo" and "Tags". You should also be aware that you can create nested JSON Structures using dot notation, for example "DatasetTypeInfo.DatasetType".

I have taken your workflow and modified it so that it should now match your expected JSON format. Please let me know if this helps.

ShubhamDhorajkar
5 - Atom

Thanks Mark for your kind help 

Labels