General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Job opportunity

Fenero99
5 - Atom

Hi i need help with something,

Do this company hire people to work remotely for them? Because i got a job offer from whatsapp and it said this: Our job is to optimise the data of the apps that developers publish on the platform in order to improve the ranking and exposure of the apps in the app shop once the optimisation is complete

Can someone confirm this?

19 REPLIES 19
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Fenero99 I'd be sceptical about getting whatsapp messages like that. Have you tried googling the number?

Fenero99
5 - Atom

Yes it doesnt show anything

Fenero99
5 - Atom

i asked if this is legit and i got this answer: This is a global promotion company, I have been working for it for nearly 1 year/You can also check the commercial certificate of the workbench/All users will sign the user agreement when registering, which also has legal effect

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

I had something similar not for optimise data and when I googled it had loads of bad reviews of being fake. I don't think global promrotion company would be messaging people out of the blue on whatsapp as a first form of comms. But I could be wrong, personally I would delete it and black the number but completely up to you.

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

Got this as well.
Trying to verify as well..

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Fenero99 @Grandpop on the whatsapp is there a picture of the contact and is it from a business account?

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

There is a profile photo of someone.
But I think it is a private watsapp account.
Cant see it says business account anywhere, but i am no shark in Whatsapp to be honest

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Grandpop when you click on the profile picture and look at the page with their info does it say anything about being a business account (share business details etc also if you follow this link it will provide more inforamtion https://faq.whatsapp.com/643460927283235)

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

No opening hours, no address, no anything other than the photo and the phone number is shown.

Labels