General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Updating Scheduled Workflows

garrettjohnson
5 - Atom

I have a Scheduled workflow that exists within a Collection. I updated the workflow in the gallery and noticed that it did not exist within the Collection.

Do I need to add the workflow to the collection AGAIN and re-create the schedule in order for the updates to appear?

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @garrettjohnson ,

You don`t have to recreate your schedule and republish to the collection every time. I believe what is happening is that instead of saving a new version of the workflow, you are creating a copy of it. To save a new version, you have to open the workflow on Designer from the Gallery and then hit Save. If you hit Save As, you will generate a duplicated copy of that workflow in your gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Meggan
6 - Meteoroid

piggy backing on this... so if we edit a workflow (in designer) from the gallery and save, the scheduled version, which is also in a collection.. will be updated with the changes we well?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, that is correct. If you hit save and not save as, that will create a new workflow version.

But of course, to save and create a new workflow version, the workflow must be opened already from the Gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels