Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

January can be a bit dark and chilly. So, let’s add some sunshine to your day with Community Highlights from the last month!

Source: GIPHY

Need to Know

In January, we focused on improving the Alteryx IO resource page so that users can more easily find developer resources. Explore these resources now to extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, and more.

In preparation for the announcement of the 2024 Maveryx Awards, we’ve refreshed their home here in Community. Visit this page to see past winners and learn how you can enter your best work to be considered for a 2024 award.

And finally, we continued ongoing maintenance, fixing pesky bugs and ensuring that the Community continues to run smoothly! View the Community version history for a complete list of resolved bugs.  

Community News

Catch up on what you may have missed in January in the below areas of the Community.

User Groups

In 2023, we supported over 40 local User Groups and hosted 135 meetings worldwide. You can check out all the past activities here and take a peek at our User Group Meetings 2024 Calendar to see what is coming. Reach out to usergroups@alteryx.com if you want to learn more about how to get involved. 

Oh, and if you are local to the area, we are thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new Oklahoma User Group, led by @Treyson, @orangebomber, @spnclr, @ErinWilliams, and @Steven_Carlile! Join today

Academy

The Advanced Certification exam has been updated! You can find more information about what's new and what it means for you in this blog.

We have a new interactive lesson on the block: Mastering Alteryx Machine Learning for Business Impact. Identify critical adjustments necessary for machine learning training and apply a trained model to a real-world business use case.

If you want to get more experience working with data in the Alteryx Analytics Cloud, go check out this announcement about Cloud Quests. Starting February 7th, there will be a new Cloud Quest posted for you to try every other week! And sharing your solution will earn you some special badges.

Discussions

One of our Community Moderators @AlteryxMatt started a new discussion series last month: Maveryx Chatter. He asked the Community, “What’s your New Year’s Analytics Resolution?” You all had some great answers! Keep an eye out for February’s Maveryx Chatter, as it’s an easy way to begin engaging in the Community forums.

SparkED

You’re invited to join the Alteryx Mentor Connect! This is a unique opportunity to connect one-on-one with SparkED learners who are eager to learn and grow in the field of data analytics. To get more information on this exciting new program and to sign up to participate, head over to this blog.

The SparkED team also shared a great interview this past month—they spoke to Koh Jun Yang Joshua about his journey as a student at Temasek Polytechnic and an intern in the world of data analytics and his experience with SparkED. Read the article here.

Read & Listen

We had some great tutorial blogs posted in January! @rachel_k walked us through increasing our productivity with Text Classification in Alteryx. We heard about all of our workflow orchestration options in Alteryx from @aihua. And @albert_alaluf demonstrated how we can be smarter when we use InDB Tools with the Text Input Tool.

On the Alter Everything Podcast, we had the pleasure of talking with @oarico about how he is using data to uncover insights and optimize outcomes in his school district. Listen to the interesting discussion below:

Conclusion

I’ve heard some people complain that January feels like it goes on forever. But looking back at all of the Community happenings, it was a month filled with exciting announcements, new content, and more ways to get involved.

Cheers to starting off 2024 on a positive note!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments