Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Getting error while Running the Output in Dataprep Flow

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a simple use case. I get data from BigQuery through SQL and perform some simple transformations. After that when I run the output it always fails. Error message saying that "BigQuery job execution failed".

Kindly check this issue and let me know if you need any further information.

Job Id: 18512018

1 REPLY 1
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Hamza User?,

I searched the logs for Job Group ID 18512018, but the full error is pretty much the same:

"Error getting status of job 30068777 (jobGroupId 18512018) - HTTP BigQueryJobFailed: BigQuery job failed: {errorMessage=Not found: Connection [connection_identifier] at [2:1], label=general-bigquery-job-runtime-exception, job-group-id=18512018} - 500"

For reference, here is an explanation of the 500 error code.

I have never encountered this error message before. Are able to comment on the redacted connection identifier? To what does this pertain, etc.?

I broadened my search to include all jobs for this flow. It has only succeeded once: on February 28, using Dataflow instead of the BigQuery running environment. Furthermore, I see that all jobs that were run on BigQuery have failed; whereas, jobs that ran on Dataflow typically have succeeded.

With this in mind, I recommend verifying the Required Dataprep User Permissions (esp. the Connection Permissions - BigQuery section and BigQuery-relevant entries in the Feature Permissions section). In addition, you may wish to try disabling optimization -- at least for this flow -- in the Flow Optimization Settings Dialog. This will force the job to run on Dataflow.

If ineffective, then best is to file a support ticket by emailing support at trifacta dot com. Please include a link to this thread for reference, as well as the exported flow corresponding to Job Group 18512018. Note: no input or output data is included with a flow export.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nathanael