Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

How do I delete a Flow folder?

hewills
5 - Atom

The documentation states "To delete a folder, select Delete Folder from the context menu on the right side of the screen.". I don't see a menu on the right-side, and I can't find any option for deleting the folder. Is it only shown for certain roles? I have the roles: "Workspace admin" and "default".

3 REPLIES 3
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Hana Wills?,

I just tested this and encountered the same puzzling lack of widgets for deleting things. I will investigate further and share my findings.

In the meantime, I have confirmed that the REST API endpoint here is effective. Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Nathanael

hewills
5 - Atom

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply! If you are able to find a solution from within the UI, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Hana Wills? ,

We have investigated the issue you reported regarding the missing Context Menu for folders, and we have confirmed that this is a bug. Our Subject Matter Experts are currently working on a solution that will be included in the next version release.

In the meantime, my colleague @Nathanael Kuipers? has suggested an interim solution that you can use to delete the folder using the Delete Folder REST API endpoint. 

(The Folder ID is available in the URL once you navigate to the folder.)

This should help address the issue until the fix is available in the UI.

Hope this helps and answers your query. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply to us.

Best regards,

Kaarthiprakash.