Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App with Email Reporting tool

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Hi, I have an app that when I run it through the Interface Designer it will successfully complete but when I try running it from the Gallery I get the below:

ComposerEmailInterface: Record#1 To Field is Empty (ToolId: 637)

The app allows the user to upload an excel(xlsx) file, add their email address and add email address, separated by a semi-colon, for anyone they want to cc.

I can run it successfully from my local designer, Interface Designer, and from the server's Designer but get that same message from running it in the Gallery.  I have a Text Box entry for both the 'email_TO' and 'email_CC' fields which gets pulled into the "Email" reporting tool at runtime.

BonusCup_0-1683211334549.png 

BonusCup_1-1683211362533.png

Has anyone seen this error before? How did you resolve?  TIA

11 REPLIES 11
BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Looks like I'll need to reach out to Alteryx Support team.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

[UPDATE AFTER ALTERYX SUPPORT]

Working with support, they were able to find:

Cause of the issue: 

• When they gave the file "fieldNames.xlsx" as a local input in the designer, it uses three pipe symbols ("|||") in the file path. As per your regex(which has three pipes to parse), it is getting examined correctly and providing the results from the designer as expected.
  • When we run the workflow from the gallery, the input file "fieldNames.xlsx" will be stored in the server temporary memory, where the file path is having only one pipe symbol and the regex is failing to parse the incoming file name from the Summarize tool.

This is the cause of the issue and I have attached the screenshots of the file path from the designer and the gallery for your reference. 

Solution:

I modified the regex to parse the filename with both one pipe symbol from the file path in both designer and the gallery.   .+\\(.+?)\.xlsx\|(.+)

After testing on the Gallery, the subject line did come through as expected as “filename|sheetname”.

After, I did find this old post that talks about the change from a single pipe to a triple pipe :
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Full-Path-Contains-Triple-Pipe...

Hope this helps anyone facing the same issue.

Labels