Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract data from different sheets within the same file

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

Dear All, Could some one suggest me how to extract the data from different sheets within the same file.

Currently I am using Directory tool ->Formula tool (sheet name) -> Batch Macro to extract the data.

But getting error when I save the Workflow into Gallery since files used in Macro cant able to access from local folder.

Regards

Mahadev

4 REPLIES 4
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mahadevaswab , is the issue with the macro itself? You will need to either have the Macro stored in a location that Alteryx Server can access, or package it up as an asset in the workflow.

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mahadevaswab Not sure if I understand correctly, but do you want to get data from different sheets within one single Excel file into Alteryx? If that is the case, you could use a normal input tool to get a list of the sheet names, then use a filter tool to select individual sheets and then read in the data using a Dynamic input tool. Ideally, you would not need a macro for that. Does that help?

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

@Paulomi  could you please share the sample workflow 

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Here you go! This is a very basic workflow that inputs data from different sheets within the same Excel file into one Alteryx workflow, without the use of a macro. Hope this helps! 

Labels