Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

incorporation of optional fields in macro

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Hi, I 'm working on a macro and trying to incorporate additional fields in the output. I have developed a logic to map 4 additional fields in the macro but, I'm not able map to less than 4 optional fields. Is there any way to map only the field 'ABC' & 'DEF'  as optional field 01 & Optional field 02 and keep the remaining 2 fields unmapped? Currently the macro is throwing error If I try to map less than 4 optional fields. Thanks in advance.

Vivek007ktd_0-1686477559816.png

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vivek007ktd ,

when you define the fields in your macro input, name them with (optional) s a suffix. 

EmployeeID (optional) 

that is the TRYX. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Thanks @MarqueeCrew for the help. It is working :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vivek007ktd ,

I wonder if that's even documented. I don't recall how I learned it. I'm even more amazed how much I know. But I'm certain that I've forgotten plenty.  I don't even recall what I had for breakfast. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew  However your learning helped me to fix an issue in the macro. I can recall what I had from morning till night since I'm following a diet 😁, But difficult to recall alteryx tips and tricks. Documenting such learnings are good for future reference.

PS - I subscribed your channel. Expecting macro development contents in your channel and wishing you all the best 🙂

Labels