The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Comment tool shortcut

I usually use the comment tool by:

- dragging it on to the canvas and then

- Repositioning and expanding it to cover the tools I'd like to comment on.

What if I could select the tools I wanted to comment on and then use a key combination or double click so that the comment tool surrounds these tools for me. 

Note: Additional enhancement would be to anchor the comment to the tools selected but I see that this was dropped for consideration: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Anchoring-comment-boxes-to-tools/idi...

2 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I like this idea, it follows a similar approach to how you can quickly put a group of tools instead a tool container.

given companies have different style guides and preferences for comment boxes or tool containers for documenting workflows, having a similar approach will make this easier to adopt.

Erin
9 - Comet

I would love a keyboard shortcut to add a comment box. I have the tool in my favorites, but a keyboard shortcut would be so much faster!