The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Publish workflow from Alteryx Designer Desktop to Alteryx Designer Cloud (and export)

Hello all,

So, right now, we have two very separated products : Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Designer Cloud. But what if you want to go from Alteryx Designer on your desktop to the cloud ?

well, you will have to rewrite every single workflow because you can't publish or import your current workflow on Alteryx Designer Cloud. You cannot  export Designer Cloud workflow to Alteryx Designer on Desktop either.

This is a huge limitation on cloud implementation and sells and the ONLY product I know that's not compatible between on-premise and cloud.

Please Alteryx, this is a no-brainer situation if you want to convince your customers !

Best regards,

Simon

3 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This is currently because Desktop and Cloud use different engines but I suspect that an ability to upload from Desktop and execute in cloud will be possible in the future (Inspire isn’t too far away).

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @cgoodman3 . Yeah, I know the reason, Cloud is just Trifacta rebranded. However, this idea seems a must-have if we want to convince customers.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes